Please see below for information about summer camps, youth sport programs, refunds, and more. All of this information is as of 4/27 and will likely change as new guidelines are announced. All programs that do run will have necessary safety precautions taken.
Amherst Rec Summer Camps and Teen Adventure Trips:
- To allow you to continue making plans for your summer, we are holding off on charging fees for Baboosic Lake Camp, Outdoor Discovery and Mini Camp, and Teen Adventure Trips.
- At this time, we are planning and preparing for the full 8 weeks of camp.
- When registering you will need to go through the entire registration process, but your charge will be zero.
- When the program does run, participants will be required to pay two weeks prior to the start date of camp.
- Camp Early bird rates will be honored through their original date of 4/30. Registrations after 4/30 will pay the full price once payment is due
- We are not reducing the price of Beach passes at this time. Passes can be bought at any time throughout the summer.
- We are holding off on charging fees for Swim Lessons and Swim Team. When the program does run, participants will be required to pay two weeks prior to the start date
- We are looking into options for refunds/credits/extensions only if the beach is closed or has limited access. We will keep you updated.
- An email has been sent to participants of our Lacrosse, Tot Soccer, Start Smart Baseball, and Tee Ball programs regarding refund instructions. Please check you spam folder if you have no received it
- Baseball and Softball are awaiting to hear from the leagues if there will be a season with modifications. We will begin accepting refunds once the leagues have cancelled the season.
Refunds vs Credits:
- We will offer refunds or Amherst Rec account credits to all programs that are cancelled
- We will notify participants via email when their program has been cancelled with instructions. Be sure to check your spam folder too!
- Refunds will be mailed in the form of check from the Town of Amherst
- Amherst Rec Account Credit will also likely be an option when programs are cancelled. This credit will go towards your Amherst Rec account that any member of your family can use for any future Amherst Rec program. Credits do not expire.